A more detailed brochure will be posted later--this gives you the basic information about our trip.
We have a group rate at the Ft. Wayne Hilton, $99 a night, you can have up to four guests per room. You will need to request the Rootdig.com rate. The Ft. Wayne Hilton is conveniently located to the library and is where we will have morning meetings from 8:00 a.m. until 8:45 a.m.--the library opens at 9:00 a.m. You can call the hotel to make reservations and we'll have a direct link to our group rate as soon as I can get it up. You do NOT have to stay at the Hilton and can stay at other hotels/motels in the area--that is up to you. The Hilton is convenient if you want to walk back during the time we are in the library.
What we'll do:
- Michael will make morning presentations Thursday-Saturday.
- Michael is in library from open to close--except for lunch/dinner
- Every attendee gets at least one 30 minute consultation with Michael and more as time allows
- Michael is available for "drop-in" consultations when he's in library and not with another person
- Trip participants can email Michael questions, etc. before the trip and we'll encourage everyone to get ready as much as possible before the trip actually starts
- A private trip website where members can post questions about the trip, their research, etc. We'll also post files there to help attendees with their research and with preparation for the trip.
- Assistance with pre-trip planning (through the website listed above and through email).
- Trip participants are encouraged to send problems to Michael BEFORE the trip actually starts.
Our trip would start at 7:00 p.m. with an orientation on Wednesday night. Early arrivals could easily go to the library before that or meet with me if I'm able to arrive early. We would have all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in the library with a Sunday morning hotel checkout. Participants who were fairly close could check out of the hotel on Saturday if they desired. There would be a Dutch-treal meal Friday night after the library closes.
$125 and payment can be made by PayPal. Refunds (less $30 administrative fee) can be had for those make full payment and who cancel before 31 July 2010. You can also hold your spot (with refund up til 31 July) for $50. Those who would like to pay by check can do so by sending me an email to make arrangements. A registration packet will be emailed to those who register. Any questions about the trip can be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trip participants are responsible for:
- making their own travel arrangements to Ft. Wayne
- paying for their own meals, etc.
- making their own hotel arrangements and paying for hotel accomodations
- paying for their own copies
More later as a few details are ironed out, but this is the essence of it. Registration will be limited to 20.